Pisciotta is a picturesque town on a hill that dominates the sea, in whose water there is Posidonia, a plant that lives only in uncontaminated seas.
On the sea there is Marina di Pisciotta hamlet, not far from Pisciotta. The coastis made of hills covered by olive trees that slope down towards the sea. The port is almost complete: there is a fleet of fishermen of the navy that works there for the whole year. The seaside is made of wonderful beaches, for example the beach of Marina and the sandy beaches of Caprioli.
There are two biggest beaches around Marina: the one of Ficaiola (south) and the one of Gozzipuodi or Acqua Bianca (north). These beaches are made of pebbles (in Pisciotta they are called agliaredde, they are flat and round). SS. Apostoli Pietro e Paolo church is very interesting, it's a real jewel of Baroque art. In September there is a nice marathon dedicated to olive trees, Maratona internazionale degli ulivi.
Excavations of VeliaVelia
The ancient velia, the prosperous city of Magna Graecia, was located on the coast of the territory of Ascea Marina and famous for its important Eleatic philosophical school. The archaeological excavations have unearthed its remains that can currently be visited ...
Hotel PicaCaprioli di Pisciotta
The "Pica Hotel" is located just 2 km from the center of Palinuro and is located directly on the beach with a sandy beach, at the foot of the hotel, which is accessed via a private staircase...
- SS. Apostoli Pietro e Paolo church is very interesting, it's a real jewel of Baroque art. There is a central nave and two side aisles, with chapels. The naves are linked with arches supported by big rectangular pillars. The apse is semicircular, at its back there is the presbytery. At the point where apse and central nave meet, there is a wonderful triumphal arch. On the right of the central door there is Cappella del Monte dei Morti
- Sighting towers
- Palazzo Marchesale, built in 1600; Palazzo Vetere, with a painting of 1700 portraying Our Lady with the Child and San Giovannino; Palazzo Baronale in Rodio, with stone statues and a square tower
- Ruins of the walls of Minori Osservanti Monastery
- San Michele Arcangelo Chapel, with a pipe organ of 1743
- Mercede Chapel, built in 1728, with a beautiful Neapolitan crib
- Fontana Murat, a fountain
where is Pisciotta...
Pisciotta is on the coast of National Park of Cilento . It is 56 Km from Paestum with its excavations and the beautiful temples; 50 km from Agropoli ; 21 km from Acciaroli ; 57 km from Castellabate ; 10 km from the beautiful caves of Palinuro ; 21 km from Marina di Camerota ; 48 km from Sapri ; 67 km from Maratea . The famous excavations of Pompeii are 138 km from Pisciotta and Amalfi Coastis 134 km far.
Photos of Pisciotta
Photos of the territory of Pisciotta