Monuments and natural beauties...

  • Santa Lucia Church
    Fontana di Piazza del Popolo, a fountain
    Ducal palaces Mongrovejo (the biggest of the territory), Torrusio and De Licteriis
    Grotta di Sant’Anselmo, a cave
    Quarantana, Petenella and Parulo valleys, with rural houses where it is possible to eat cheeses and “caciocavalli” and admire the beeches
    Bruca, Mastrostefano, Valle del Faggio, Uomo Morto, Scanno Chiuso, Costa di San Michele, Monte Falascuso, Crispi, Ponticello and Tempa Del Turco woods


Cannalonga was founded by the inhabitants of Civitella around year 1000.
The ancient part of the town was founded along Mennoia stream on whose sides there were a lot of reeds (canne). Maybe the name comes from the presence of reeds.
Cannalonga became very important around 1450 because on September there was an important market, called Santa Lucia Fair (still existing) and because it was the seat of “Banco della Giustizia” that had the jurisdiction on the towns of Cilento mountains.
The feud belonged to Mongrovejo family until 1806, when feudalism was abolished. The most famous person of this noble family was Toribio, archbishop of Lima and primate of Peru. He died in 1860, he was then beatified and became the Patron of the town.




Weather forecast